Recently...

November 15, 2009

SUNDAY MUSE

I’m an old soul.

Sometimes I feel I was meant to live in a different era. Our overtly crass culture serves sex on the side of toast and table dancing trumps dinner parties. I love Sinatra, slow dancing and haute hosiery. Class doesn’t sell nearly as well as crotchless pants.

Sometimes I wish for just a little more Hepburn and just a little less Gaga. Only sometimes though. 1


“Pick the day. Enjoy it - to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come... The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present - and I don't want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future.”
-Audrey Hepburn

Lately I find myself worrying about the future. Thinking about it. Hypothesizing about it. Romanticizing it. I need to slow down and focus on one thing: the moment I am in right now. That is all I really have. It is all anyone really has. Welcome to my Sunday.

Now if only I could perfect winged eyeliner.

1- Lady Gaga is inspirational in her own way and I respect her for her audacity. She works it out like no other. Oh and I'm in love with her new song. I want your love and I want your revenge I want your love, I dont want to be friends.


8 comments

  1. Christina TacconelliNovember 15, 2009 at 2:30 PM

    Gaga's new song is my new obsession..embarassing but true

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about living in an older era - I have a bit too much Billie Holiday on my iTunes, than I care to admit. But I have to say I love both of these women, and while they both represent very different things, they are both strong & empowering women and I don't think I would give up either one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true Katie! Empowerment comes in all shapes- Gaga definitely bring something to the table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're right: slow down and live it up.

    you gotta use a felt tip liquid liner and keep your eyes open to get perfect winged liner. mac has a great one, but for a cheaper but just as good version try annabelle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly, I just stumbled across your blog and found myself reading every post! I love it!
    As for the old soul comment: I feel the exact same way, Michael Buble is the closest I'll get to being "modern" while still staying true to my old-lady nature :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tip Claudia! And I'm glad so many people resonate with the old soul thing. Apparently we're not a minority. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, I love Audrey too! C and I did a remake of some of her portraits a few years back.

    ReplyDelete


UP