Recently...

February 26, 2015

Beauty: The Return of Lip Gloss


I have adult braces.

Although they are Invisalign, which means the trays are clear and plastic, I can't really wear lipstick anymore. Since I got my braces in October, I found that whenever I leave the house with lipstick on, my trays get smeared with colour by the time I get to a party or event.

It's not that big of a deal, but I do feel a bit self-conscious at times, in turn opting out of painting my mouth red, or any colour for that matter.

I've now switched to gloss.

I remember in high school when gloss was "cool" and everyone had different sticky, sparkly shades. Somewhere along the line, we all got sick of getting our hair stuck to our mouths, and swapped it out.

I've managed to find what I deem, adult gloss. Non-sticky versions that hydrate lips, and still give my mouth some shiny attention. It's the upgraded version of your high school crush, who now has a real job, and doesn't wear baggy golf shirts anymore.

Below are my favourite glosses (even if you're not going through a regression, and rocking plastic braces)

1. Fresh Sugar Shine Lip Treatment - This was my first foray into adult lipgloss. This treatment claims to moisturize and protect lips for 6 hours. It comes in a variety of shades, but I prefer clear. ($21)

2. Tarte Lipsurgence Skintuitive Lip Gloss - I got this gloss as a sample at Sephora with my beauty points and became obsessed. It's a universal shade that changes to the natural pink pigment of your own lips. It also has Vitamin E, jojoba seed oil, and smells amazing. ($19)

3. Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil - This gloss glides on smooth with its over sized spongy applicator. Lips are wrapped in a sweet shine, and it usually draws attention when I take it out of my purse. Try the honey shade with plum oil. ($23)

2 comments

  1. Such a funny post! Love it!
    And you're right, lip gloss is making a comeback. I draw the limit at mac's lipglass (aka glue)

    ReplyDelete


UP