Recently...

February 19, 2010

Tweeting to the Masthead

While painfully waiting in line at the airport, I turned to my phone for some light entertainment. To my surprise, there was a tweet from my friend Erica exclaiming that she saw one of my tweets in the latest issue of Flare Magazine.

I quickly searched through my carry-on bag (luckily I had the magazine with me) whipped through the pages, and low and behold my tweet was printed in the letter section!

While it may not seem exciting to most people, including my parents and sister who gently teased me about my enthusiasm, I was pretty stoked. Okay, maybe I'm being a little narcissistic, but as an aspiring writer seeing anything in print is a surreal moment, no matter how small.

I also think Flare is one step ahead by including social media in their letters/opinions page. Today, people share a lot of opinions and information on social media and it is a good way to get insight into their readers. 

So check out my published tweet below titled "Sister Act." I'm back from my family vacation and ready to hit the blog. There are many exciting things happening in the next couple of months so stick with me!



16 comments

  1. Welcome back Amanda! Did they message you a month ago saying they were publishing your tweet? Before publishing mine they sent me a message and I always wondered if that was standard/who sent it. ps. Don't downplay your enthusiasm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's amazing! lol I'd be super excited as well. welcome home! hope you had a nice vacay :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! I totally saw that in Flare too. Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls!

    Erica, no one contacted me to let me know, so I was super surprised. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! i would also be sooo excited! pretty legit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. listen girlfriend, you have no idea how exciting it was fo me to be featured on YOUR page. i completly relate to the excitment you felt when seeing someone put your work out there, no matter the size! congradulations! keeeeeeeeeeep writing<3

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cool!!! Impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats missy! this is for sure a cool thing, enthusiasm much warranted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Amanda!
    It's Deanna!
    This is Amazing!
    Love your blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been away... But better late then never: CONGRATS!!! Very Exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete


UP